The recently-concluded presidential elections has brought the existing culture war to a boil. But, it doesn’t matter if you’re in the red camp or the blue camp; everyone agrees that the United States produces some of the best spirits in the world.
This weekend, we will drink to American craftsmanship and gastronomy at the inaugural Whiskey Weekend.
The Whiskey Weekend will feature some of the best American whiskey brands, four world-renowned American cocktails bars, and some of Singapore’s most loved American chefs. This event is fronted by Proof & Company, which has been shaping the local whiskey landscape significantly over the past few years.
Said Proof & Company’s Joe Alessandroni: “American whiskey is both versatile and approachable. It makes great cocktails, goes well with food, and you can even cook with it! There is serious craftsmanship and tradition which goes into making it, but enjoying serious whiskey doesn’t have to be so serious. We just want to bring some of our friends together to celebrate the warmth and inclusiveness that has always been part American whiskey culture.”
- Sip whiskey cocktails (SS10) at pop-ups from four of Singapore’s most famous American style bars: 28 HongKong Street, Employees Only, Manhattan & Skinny’s Lounge, and craft beers on draft (S$10) from Drinkery.
- Eat American food, including tasty hamburgers by Travis Masiero of Blue Label Burgers and BBQ from Dave Pynt of Meatsmith.
- Taste fine and rare whiskeys at the complimentary Whiskey Tasting Bar from our partner brands.
- Win fabulous prizes at a Blind Tasting Booth featuring whiskey from our partner brands.
- Head to the Bourbon Bake Off to sample apple pies from some of Singapore’s best chefs and amateur baker contestants, paired with Scrappy’s Bitters “Old Fashioned” ice cream and High West American Praire Bourbon.
- Learn more about your favourite whiskeys with Master Classes led by a panel of master distillers, brand ambassadors and industry experts.
- Browse all of the gear you need to make great cocktails at home at the EC Proof pop-up retail shop, featuring a selection of fine spirits, cocktail books and professional bar tools.
- Make the perfect Mint Julep with Hudson Whiskey and live mint from ComCrop, Singapore’s first urban farm.
- Party into the night with DJ’s spinning classic American rock, soul and hip-hop.
As for us, we’ll be heading straight to the bourbon whiskey booths. See you there this weekend!
Date: Saturday May 20th and Sunday May 21st
Time: 3pm till late
Venue: The Great Escape, 6001 Beach Road #05-00
Get updates from their Facebook page.